Sunday, October 22
- 9:30 a.m. Forum: In recognition of the 26th National Observance of Children’s Sabbath, Covenant Partner Karen Ponder speaks about children’s issues in North Carolina.
- 10:30 a.m. Worship: “Children’s Sabbath 2017: Moving Forward with Hope, Love and Justice for Every Child,” Doug Long preaching.
- Following worship: Youth meet with Upper Elementary in the new Youth Room for Heifer Project preparation.
- Following worship: Fellowship Event: Hillsborough River Walk followed by a visit to Mystery Brewing Company.
- 3:00 p.m. JTP “A Soldier’s Play,” performance in the worship space.
Coming November 4: LGBTQ Informational Workshop (9 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.)
Topics include: Expanding your family, legal issues, gender re-assignment surgery, parent perspective and more (list follows)!
- Parent Perspective –Parents of LGBTQ Children give their perspective of the journey
- Expanding of the Family A lesbian couple will be sharing their experience of how they went about expanding their family.
- Gender Therapist -Kimball Sargent –Therapist specializing in Transgender Issues
- Gender Reassignment Surgery-Dr. Keelee MacPhee will be giving a workshop on GRS.
- Equality Now-They will be sharing about who they are and what they do along with having educational pamphlets for attendees.
- LGBT Center of Raleigh –Sharing what activities and resources they offer at the Center.
- Coming out later in life-A gay man will be sharing his personal story of coming out later in life.
- Sierra Luz-Yoga Instructor who will be leading meditations on self love and acceptance
- UNC Rope Team-latest treatment, prevention and research on HIV.
- Mandy Mizell Norris-UCC Pastor speaking of her personal experience of coming out and on Queer Theology
- Legal Issues-Jen Tharrington, Attorney at Law, will be discussing legal issues that can affect the LGBTQ community such as adoption, marriage, name changes and divorce.
- Hormone Therapy- Dr. Julia Warren-Endocrinologist, speaking on hormone therapy
Attendees will be able to choose from 4 different workshops to attend. Brochures will be available in the lobby from Presenters to pick up for more information. Please contact Gina Kentopp at email@example.com for more information.
Newcomers & Inquirers Session: These offerings are held most first Sundays of the month. Membership & Publicity Committee hosts these gatherings in the church library. There is a short presentation of the history of the UCC as well as information about Umstead Park United Church of Christ.
UPUCC Creativity Group: The morning group will continue to meet the first and third Tuesdays of each month. The evening Creativity Group is held the second Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Come with your own individual creative projects, come to socialize, or come to try your hand at making a card.